Understand Body Language
Body language is a form of mental and physical ability of human non-verbal communication, which consists of body posture, gestures, facial expressions, and eye movements. Humans send and interpret such signals almost entirely subconsciously.
Body language may provide clues as to the attitude or state of mind of a person. For example, it may indicate aggression, attentiveness, boredom, relaxed state, pleasure, amusement, and intoxication, among many other cues.
Some experts say that seventy percent of communication is in body language. We observe mannerism, body positions and facial expression.
Here are some thoughts starters on listening.
1. Concentrate on what the customer is saying
2. Ask questions to draw him/her out or to make sure you completely understand his or her thoughts.
3. Observe his/her body language.
4. Don't be in a hurry to answer questions; give him/her time to reconsider what he/she has just said.
5. Write down points as he or she speaks.
6. Take a real interest in him/her and his/her problems.
7. Listen for him/her to tell you why he/she will consider buying.
8. Make listening a habit. Listening and observing are fine tuners to effective presentations.
Well now you can keep on practicing!